- Olive Oil
- 1 red onion
- 500g raw or canned/jarred beetroot
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 650ml vegetable stock
- ½ Cup Meadow Fresh Kalo Natural Greek Yoghurt
- Dukkah or croutons for toppings
- Gently fry the peeled and chopped red onion and beetroot in a large pot with a splash of olive oil until the onion is soft.
- Add the chilli flakes, cumin seeds and red wine vinegar then stir to combine.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Lower heat to a gentle simmer and cover until the beetroot is soft. If you’ve used raw beetroot this will take about 45 minutes, ready to eat beetroot will only need ten minutes.
- Once cooked, blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide into bowls and top with a tablespoon of Kalo Natural Greek Yoghurt.
- Top with Dukkah or croutons for a bit of crunch!