- 2 cups plain flour (300g)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100g bacon
- 1 zucchini
- 400g can whole corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups grated Meadow Fresh Tasty Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- 1/3 cup Meadow Fresh Traditional Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 170ºC fan bake. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking oil spray or
Mix flour, baking powder, mustard powder, paprika, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
Finely dice the bacon. Grate zucchini and pat dry. Stir bacon, zucchini, corn and Meadow
Fresh Tasty Cheese into the flour mixture.
In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, Meadow Fresh Original Milk, Meadow Fresh
Cottage Cheese and oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix as few times as possible,
until flour is just incorporated.
Divide mixture between muffin tin holes (they should be full). Bake for 25 minutes, or until
muffins are golden and spring back when gently pressed in the centre.
• You can swap out 1/2 cup plain flour for wholemeal flour if you prefer.
• Muffins are best eaten on the day they’re made. Otherwise, store in an airtight container
for up to 3 days and reheat for 10 minutes in the oven. Serve warm with soft butter.