There’s nothing more deliciously comforting than a traditional apple crumble, especially as the weather starts to turn cooler. This recipe includes sunflower seeds for added crunch on top and adds sultanas or raisins into the lightly spiced mixture for a hit of extra sweetness. Serve this ever-popular dessert with Meadow Fresh Braeburn Apple Yoghurt to intensify the juicy flavours of the stewed apples, or stick with tradition and add a dollop of rich Meadow Fresh whipped cream or velvety Meadow Fresh Crème Fraiche on the side instead. However you serve it, it’ll go down a treat.
Share this recipe
- 6 Braeburn apples, stewed
- ½ cup sultanas or raisins
- 1 cup Edmonds Flour
- 1 teaspoon Edmonds Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 100g chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, lightly toasted, optional
- Meadow Fresh Braeburn Apple yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a 4-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- Add the sultanas or raisins to the hot apples and place in the prepared dish.
- Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and rolled oats in a food processor and process for 10 seconds.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir through the sunflower seeds if using.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the apple mixture and place in the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve crumble with Meadow Fresh Braeburn Apple yoghurt.