Tiropita (Greek Cheese Pastries)
These crisp and flaky Greek pies filled with feta cheese and oregano are a delicious savoury suitable as an appetizer, main dish or midday snack! The pastry for Tiropita is made using our Kaló Authentic Greek Yoghurt, creating a perfectly light and authentically Greek dish perfect for any time of day.
Makes approx. 15 pastries.
Share this recipe
1. Mix self-raising flour, butter, Kaló yoghurt, sugar and salt until well combined. Cover and rest for 30 minutes in a warm place.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
3. Grate feta cheese and mix with whisked egg, oregano and pepper.
4. With a rolling pin, roll out pastry to 2mm thickness.
5. Using a circular 10cm pastry cutter, cut out the pastry. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the feta mix onto one half of the pastry.
6. Using a brush or finger dipped in water, brush lightly over the edge of pastry. Fold over the other half of pastry and seal with a fork
7. Place on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. With a pastry brush, glaze tiropita with egg/milk mix and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 180o C for approx 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Filling alternatives: cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and dill, egg and pepper