- 2 ½ cups rolled oats (250g)
- ½ cup chopped dates (75g) (optional)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (100g)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (40g)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (70g)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup peanut butter (170g)
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Kalo Vanilla Bean Yoghurt (250g)
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup (115g)
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC bake. Line a slice tin (approximately 20cm x 34cm) with baking paper.
2. Place oats, dates (if using), chocolate chips, coconut, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Place peanut butter in a separate smaller bowl or jug. Microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften, if needed. Whisk in yoghurt, honey or maple syrup and egg. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Press mixture evenly into the prepared tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until browned. Remove from oven and leave to cool. Slice into bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
- These bars have the texture of a soft bake muesli bar.
- Both smooth and crunchy peanut butter work well - use what you have on hand.
- For extra indulgence, drizzle the cooled bars with a little melted dark chocolate.
- bars will keep well for 5 days (a little longer in the fridge).