Tickle your taste buds with this healthy dessert Poached Pears perfectly paired with our Meadow Fresh Manuka Honey Yoghurt.
If you want to fancy it up a touch, there's a not-so-healthy option too.
Share this recipe
- 4 pears, halved, peeled and cored but leave the stems on (we recommend using Bosc pears)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ orange, sliced (peel on)
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 vanilla bean pods, cut open
- 1 star anise
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Meadow Fresh Kalo Authentic Greek Manuka Honey Yoghurt
- 1 cup granola
1. Add 4 cups of water and all the ingredients to a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Bring the water to boil, stirring the ingredients until the honey and sugar is melted.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, partially cover the pot and allow to gently boil for 40 minutes, occasionally turning the pears ensuring they’re well covered.
4. Once the liquid has reduced to a thin syrup and the pears are easily pierced with a fork, remove the pears from the pot and allow the syrup to boil for a few minutes longer before taking off the heat.
5. Divide the Meadow Fresh Kalo Authentic Greek Manuka Honey Yoghurt between 4 plates, top with two poached pear halves, sprinkle granola over each one and drizzle the remaining poached pear syrup over the top. Use the remaining ingredients from the pot (cinnamon sticks, star anise and orange rind) to garnish the plates. Delicious!
Top Tip: Replace 1 glass of water with a glass of white wine (Riesling works well) and swap out the granola for a cookie crumb to make a delicious dessert for your next dinner party!