- 1 & 1/3 cups plain flour (200g)
- 2/3 cup wholemeal flour (100g)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g bacon
- 1 red capsicum
- 50g baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups grated Meadow Fresh Tasty Cheese (150g)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Meadow Fresh Traditional Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 180ºC bake. Grease a loaf tin with butter or cooking oil spray.
In a large bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, herbs, baking soda and salt.
Finely dice bacon and capsicum. Roughly chop spinach. Stir bacon, capsicum, spinach
and Meadow Fresh Tasty Cheese into the flour mixture.
In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together egg, Meadow Fresh Original Milk, oil and
Meadow Fresh Traditional Sour Cream. Add to the flour mixture. Mix until just
combined and no flour remains.
Pour mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden and crusty on top and
a skewer inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10
minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The gluten-free version of this loaf works well. Replace the plain flour with plain gluten-free flour and the wholemeal flour with brown rice flour. Make sure your baking powder and bacon are gluten-free.