1. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until browned all over (not fully cooked), then place onto a plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium and melt butter in the pan. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Stir in flour and smoked paprika. Gradually add chicken stock, then mustard.
3. Add chicken back to pan, stir to combine, then simmer for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened. Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Paprika chicken is delicious served on mashed potato (or cauliflower mash), fettuccine or rice.
- You can swap chicken thighs for chicken tenderloins if you prefer.
- Up the veggies by stirring in a large handful of baby spinach when you add the sour cream.