A delicious masterpiece - our feijoa cheesecake is set to impress during those winter months when you're loaded up with feijoas.
Prep time: 25 mins
Share this recipe
Make sure you have all ingredients ready to go (cream cheese needs to be at room temperature).
1. Line the base of a 21-23cm springform cake tin (or tin with removable base) with baking paper. Grease the sides with a little butter.
2. Place biscuits in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Add melted butter and mix well.
3. Press evenly into the base of prepared tin. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
4. Rinse out the food processor and add feijoas and lemon juice. Process to a puree.
5. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
6. Microwave the chocolate on medium-low in bursts of 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. With the mixer
continuously running, gradually mix the melted hot chocolate into the cream cheese. Fold in the custard and feijoa puree, until well mixed.
7. Tip filling onto cheesecake base, spread out evenly and smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (ideally overnight) before slicing and serving.
- Freeze feijoas when in season to enjoy this cheesecake year-round. Defrost and drain off any excess water before pureeing.
- For a basic no-bake cheesecake, omit the feijoas. Mix lemon juice into cream cheese, together with the zest of 1 lemon.
- You can decorate the top of the cheesecake with extra crumbled biscuits and chunks of white chocolate.