- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- ½ Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ Tbsp cornflour
- 1 ⅓ cups Meadow Fresh Kalo Natural Yoghurt
- 1 cup grated Meadow Fresh Tasty Cheese
- 300g dried fettuccine or spaghetti
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 200g bacon, diced
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
1. Melt butter and garlic together in a non-stick saucepan on medium-heat. Whisk in milk, mustard and oregano and reduce heat to low. Mix cornflour into a little of the yoghurt until smooth, then whisk into milk mixture together with remaining yoghurt. Stir in cheese to melt. Season to taste with salt and pepper and leave on a very low heat to keep warm.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add fettuccine or spaghetti and cook for 10 minutes, until al dense.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large frying pan and cook bacon until starting to crisp around the edges. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain pasta and add to frying pan with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Toss to combine.
4. Divide fettuccine between warmed serving bowls and drizzle generously with sauce, serve immediately.
- Drizzle sauce over the pasta rather than tossing it through to reduce the risk of the yoghurt curdling. It tastes just as delicious!
- Garnish with a little chopped parsley or basil.
- Omit the bacon for a vegetarian version.