Hello, sweet treat. These Meadow Fresh Chocolate Kalo Brownies are absolutely delish! If you're after a sweet treat that is a touch healthier than your traditional brownie, then these are your new go-to.
Share this recipe
- 3/4 caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Kalo Vanilla Bean Yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan bake. Line an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with baking paper.
2. Place sugars in a large bowl. Sift in cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Whisk eggs, yoghurt and milk together in a jug. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate.
3. Spread evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Leave to cool before cutting into squares and serving.
- For a chocolate raspberry brownie, fold in 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries when you add the chocolate
- Try a triple chocolate version by replacing some of the dark chocolate with milk chocolate and white chocolate
- This recipe works well as a gluten-free version. Swap the flour for plain gluten-free flour and make sure the baking powder is gluten-free too