Avocado and Crème Fraiche Dressing
The combination of luscious ripe avocado and velvety Meadow Fresh Crème Fraiche is a match made in heaven: what better way to complement the crisp freshness of iceberg lettuce and the vibrant flavours of tomatoes or peppers at their summery sweetest? Or drizzle this simple but decadent dressing over a baguette packed with thin slivers of roasted beef or slices of lemon-grilled chicken as an easy alternative to chutneys or mayonnaise. Just be warned: once you’ve tried it, there’s no going back.
Share this recipe
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, halved, stone removed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Meadow Fresh Crème Fraiche
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Season with salt, then place in a bowl, cover and keep in the refrigerator.
- Use dressing over wedges of iceberg lettuce and finish with thinly sliced red chilli if you wish.