Tandoori style Chicken Skewers with a Curry Yoghurt Sauce
Spice up everyday family dinners with this delicious recipe for Indian-inspired chicken skewers. This meal is a fantastic way to introduce younger children to slightly more adventurous dishes: the addition of creamy Meadow Fresh Mango and Greek Style Unsweetened Yoghurts to the sauce and marinade ensures that while this dish packs plenty of exotic flavour, the spices won’t be too overwhelming for fussier palates. The yoghurt adds a great nutrition boost, too – perfect for a growing family.
Share this recipe
- 12 wooden skewers
- ½ cup Meadow Fresh Mango Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime or ½ a lemon
- 4 small chicken breasts, skinned and boned, cut into 2.5-3cm pieces
Curry Yoghurt Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons Meadow Fresh Greek Style Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water (this helps to prevent burning).
- In a bowl whisk together the yoghurt, ginger, spices and salt. Add the lime or lemon zest.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Now mix the curry yoghurt sauce. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat a chargrill pan or your barbecue plate until medium-hot.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the soaked wooden skewers. Place on the hot grill and grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Place on a serving plate and drizzle over the lime or lemon juice.
- Serve with the curry yoghurt sauce (recipe below), steamed rice and naan bread. Extra limes are good too.