The most fun smoothie recipe you'll ever create with the kids - our Rainbow Smoothie. Made up of five delicious layers - this one is definitely instagrammable.
Prep time: 15mins
Share this recipe
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- 1/2 cup Meadow Fresh Vanilla Bean Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup baby spinach
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 Tbsp Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup refrigerated or frozen chopped, peeled fresh or canned pear
Place banana, milk and yoghurt in a smoothie maker or blender and process until smooth
and creamy. Transfer mixture into a jug.
Pour one-fifth of the mixture (roughly 100ml) back into the smoothie maker. Add
ingredients for layer 1 and blend until smooth. Divide mixture between two glasses.
Rinse out the blender, then add another fifth of the base mixture together with the
ingredients for layer two. Blend until smooth. Carefully pour mixture over the back of a metal
spoon on top of the previous layer. Repeat with remaining layers (allowing each layer to
sit for a minute or two before adding the next layer), then serve.
• If needed, this smoothie can be prepared a couple of hours in advance and refrigerated.
• A smoothie maker works better than a blender for this recipe, due to the individual blending of each layer (small quantities).
• The ingredient quantities in this recipe have been carefully selected to make layers of a similar consistency, to prevent them from blending together. You can swap out the fruits but you may not get quite the same effect.