Potato Bake with Full Cream Milk
Looking for different ways to serve potatoes? Try this tasty potato bake made with fluffy Agria potatoes and rich Meadow Fresh Full Cream Milk. Lightly flavoured with just a hint of garlic, this potato dish will prove a hit with even the youngest or fussiest members of the family. Sprinkle with a little finely chopped thyme or bacon for a hint of extra flavour or combine the milk with a little Meadow Fresh Cream for added richness. However you prepare it, this dish makes a delicious accompaniment to a simple roast.
Share this recipe
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled and lightly crushed
- 25g butter
- 4-5 large floury potatoes, such as Agria
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 200-300ml Meadow Fresh Full Cream Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Rub the inside of a baking dish with the garlic, then the butter.
- Thinly slice the potatoes, about the size of a gold coin.
- Arrange the potato slices in the baking dish, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper as you layer.
- Arrange the top layer in neat rows.
- Whisk the flour into the Meadow Fresh Full Cream Milk and pour into the side of the dish of potatoes. The milk should three-quarters fill the dish.
- Cover with a piece of baking paper, sit the baking dish on a tray (to catch any drips), and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the baking paper and bake for a further 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender and the top is golden.