- 2 cups Standard Edmonds Flour (300g)
- ½ cup Chelsea Caster Sugar (110g) + extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp Edmonds Baking Powder
- 1 & ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Kalo Passionfruit Yoghurt (250g)
- 150mL neutral oil (i.e. canola, sunflower, rice bran)
- 3 ripe yellow flesh peaches (or 400g canned peaches, drained)
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC fan bake. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin or line with paper cases.
2. Stire flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate smaller jug or bowl, whisk eggs, yoghurt and oil together. Finely dice peaches (for fresh peaches, skin can be left on or removed).
4. Add yoghurt mixture and peaches to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Spoon into muffin tin holes (filling to the tops). Sprinkle a little extra sugar on top, if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre, comes out clean.
5. Cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Leave to cool completely or serve warm.
- Muffins are best eaten fresh on the day they're made, although these do keep well for 2-3 days. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- For a higher fibre muffin, swap one-third of the plain flour for wholemeal flour.
- Other flavours of Meadow Fresh Kalo Yoghurt also work well - try Mango, Vanilla Bean or Natural.
- Peaches could be swapped for fresh or frozen blueberries, nectarines or strawberries.