Orange Kumara, Carrot & Cream Cheese Fritters
Try a different take on the traditional serving of meat and three veg by whipping up these tasty fritters as your vegetable side instead. Even the most vege-phobic kids will love these crispy, golden pieces of goodness – and the addition of crumbled Meadow Fresh Cream Cheese to the mix provides both a hit of creamy flavour and a little extra nutrition, too. These would make a fantastic after school snack and any leftovers would be a healthy addition to a lunchbox – that’s if they last that long.
Share this recipe
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Edmonds Cornflour
- 3 cups coarsely grated orange kumara
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- 125g Meadow Fresh Cream Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the egg and cornflour in a large bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the orange kumara, carrot, spring onions and chopped parsley. Stir through the crumbled cream cheese.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- When hot drop spoonfuls of the fritter mix into the pan, pressing down with a spatula to push mixture together.
- Cook until golden then turn over and quickly cook the other side until set and lightly golden.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook fritters for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Serve hot or warm.
Tip: Freshly chopped dill is also great in these fritters, especially if you are serving with salmon.