Whether you’re feeding an army or simply feeding the family, nachos always make a crowd-pleasing meal and an economical one, too. What’s more, the addition of nutritious ingredients like Meadow Fresh Sour Cream and Meadow Fresh Grated Cheese – not to mention healthy avocado and protein-rich kidney beans – make this meal a winner on every front. Up the flavour even more by combining two different types of Meadow Fresh Grated Cheese: Mozzarella and Tasty work well together, and because they’re already grated for you, they’re super-convenient, too.
Share this recipe
- 1 firm, but ripe avocado, halved, stone removed and peeled and diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Beef mixture
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g beef mince
- Taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup beef stock
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g Meadow Fresh Sour Cream
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Grated Cheese (we like a mixture of Mozzarella and Tasty but you can use any that you prefer)
- Corn tortilla chips to serve.
- Place all the avocado salsa ingredients in a bowl and combine.
- Season with salt and set aside. Preheat the oven to grill.
- Lightly oil a medium-sized ovenproof dish. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the beef mince.
- Cook until lightly browned, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the beef mince.
- Add taco seasoning to taste then moisten with the stock.
- Allow to bubble up then spoon into the ovenproof dish.
- Warm the kidney beans and place on top.
- Spoon over the sour cream, then the avocado salsa.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and place under the grill until the cheese melts and is golden and bubbling.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.