Whether you’re feeding an army or simply feeding the family, nachos always make a crowd-pleasing meal and an economical one, too. What’s more, the addition of nutritious ingredients like Meadow Fresh Sour Cream and Meadow Fresh Grated Cheese – not to mention healthy avocado and protein-rich kidney beans – make this meal a winner on every front. Up the flavour even more by combining two different types of Meadow Fresh Grated Cheese: Mozzarella and Tasty work well together, and because they’re already grated for you, they’re super-convenient, too.
Share this recipe
- 1 firm, but ripe avocado, halved, stone removed and peeled and diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Beef mixture
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g beef mince
- Taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup beef stock
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g Meadow Fresh Sour Cream
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Grated Cheese (we like a mixture of Mozzarella and Tasty but you can use any that you prefer)
- Corn tortilla chips to serve.
Place all the avocado salsa ingredients in a bowl and combine. Season with salt and set aside. Preheat the oven to grill. Lightly oil a medium-sized ovenproof dish. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the beef mince. Cook until lightly browned, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the beef mince. Add taco seasoning to taste then moisten with the stock. Allow to bubble up then spoon into the ovenproof dish. Warm the kidney beans and place on top. Spoon over the sour cream, then the avocado salsa. Sprinkle with grated cheese and place under the grill until the cheese melts and is golden and bubbling. Serve hot with tortilla chips.