Maple Banana & Kiwifruit Porridge
Revive your love of porridge with this perfectly balanced combo of sweet, caramelised and sour bowl of oaty goodness. The maple syrup, butter and banana has you indulging in breakfast as though it’s dessert. Go for seconds without the guilt!
Share this recipe
- Maple banana
- 1 banana - sliced in half, and then lengthways through the centre
- Knob of butter
- Maple syrup
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 cups of water
- Maple syrup
- 1 kiwifruit peeled and diced (golden or green)
- Toasted coconut
- Toasted walnuts
- Meadow Fresh Farmhouse milk
To toast the coconut and walnuts
- Bring your pan to a low-medium heat.
- Place the desired amount of coconut and walnuts into the pan to toast.
- Toss until brown and then set aside.
To caramelise the banana
- Put your pan back on the heat and add the butter. Once the butter starts to bubble, place the banana slices in the pan and cook until brown.
- Lightly drizzle maple syrup over bananas and cook until the edges are caramelised. Flip the banana slices to cook the other side.
- Set aside once both sides are brown and caramelised.
To make oats
- Place the oats and water in a saucepan and bring to boil, consistently stirring to stop oats from sticking. Once boiling, cook further a for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and scoop oats evenly into two shallow bowls.
- Drizzle a desired amount of maple syrup over the oats
- Add the diced kiwifruit and place the caramelised banana on top.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and walnuts.
- Pour over your desired amount of Meadow Fresh milk.