These delicious tropical-flavoured mango muffins make a lovely change from traditional apple or berry muffins. Made with smooth, creamy Meadow Fresh Mango Yoghurt, the addition of white chocolate buttons is sure to prove popular with younger members of the family (and possibly older ones, too). Bake a batch for the lunchboxes – they freeze beautifully, so just defrost as required – or serve them fresh from the oven with a little butter for a morning or afternoon tea treat.
Share this recipe
- 2 cups Edmonds Flour
- 2 teaspoons Edmonds Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup Chelsea Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Meadow Fresh Milk
- 1/4 cup Meadow Fresh Mango Yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup white chocolate callets (buttons)
- 1 tablespoon Chelsea Caster Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place 12 paper muffin cases in a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a large bowl. Add the caster sugar and stir to combine.
- Mix together the milk, Meadow Fresh Mango Yoghurt, egg and oil. Make a well in the centre of the flour and mix in the liquid ingredients. Mix in the white chocolate.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cases until two-thirds full. Mix together the caster sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle each muffin with cinnamon sugar. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 5 minutes before removing muffins and placing on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool topped with extra Meadow Fresh Mango Yoghurt if wished.