Herbed Cottage Cheese Sausages
Light, healthy and nutritious: these delicious crumbed “sausages”, made from a simple but flavoursome mix of Meadow Fresh Cottage Cheese and herbs, are so easy to prepare and provide a tasty meal or snack that everyone will enjoy. Pair them with vegetables or a salad to create a substantial meat-free meal for the whole family, or fry them up for quick snacks or to fill lunchboxes – they’re just as good served cold the next day. You can get creative with flavours by experimenting with different herbs and spices in the mix, or by serving them with different chutneys or gravies – these are a super-versatile meal idea.
Share this recipe
- 250g Cottage Cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ C soft wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ C Edmonds Wholemeal Flour
- ½ C milk
- 1t mixed herbs
- 1C standard fine breadcrumbs (for rolling)
- Mix all ingredients except the fine breadcrumbs and shape into ‘sausages’.
- Roll the sausages in the fine breadcrumbs. Shallow fry, keep turning until browned.
- Serve with chutney or gravy.
- For an extra flavour boost, substitute fresh herbs or spices into the mix or the breadcrumbs.
- Double the quantity if you like since they’re still delicious served cold the next day!
Tip: Pair with salad or vegetables for a quick easy dinner the whole family will enjoy!