Herb & Apple Coleslaw
Need some mid-week meal inspiration? Try putting a different spin on a family favourite: change up your traditional coleslaw recipe with some fresh herbs, some sweet grated apple and a tangy dressing made from smooth Meadow Fresh Sour Cream, lemon juice and wholegrain mustard. The delicious creamy dressing works on its own with a wide range of different meals – try it with some grilled fish or add a generous scoop to a humble baked potato. This is a great basic recipe to add to your repertoire.
Share this recipe
- 250g Meadow Fresh Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cabbage - purple or white or combination (sliced)
- Handful of mint and parsley (roughly chopped)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 1 apple (shredded or grated and squeezed with lemon juice)
- Dressing: Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve dressing tossed through coleslaw to which you have added plenty of finely chopped mint and parsley and shredded apple.
- Coleslaw: Put all ingredients in a bowl, add dressing, toss together and serve.