Grated Beetroot, Carrot, Chickpea and Cream Cheese Salad
This delicious salad bursts with colour as well as flavour. Beetroot, carrots and zucchini boost your daily vegetable intake, chickpeas and sunflower seeds add extra nutrition, texture and crunch and small cubes of smooth Meadow Fresh Cream Cheese add a final touch of creamy goodness which complements the other ingredients perfectly. You can enjoy this substantial salad as a light meal – it would be perfect for a quick and easy lunch – or pair it with grilled chicken, fish or some lean beef for a healthy but substantial meal in minutes.
Share this recipe
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad:
- 3 small beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 small carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 small zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 400g can chickpeas
- drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- 125g Meadow Fresh Cream Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted for extra flavour
- Pour the lemon juice into a clean screw top jar.
- Add the Dijon mustard and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour in the oil, place on the lid and shake well. Set aside.
- Place the beetroot, carrot, zucchini, spinach, chickpeas and parsley in a large bowl.
- Drizzle over dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Spoon on to a serving platter and scatter over the cream cheese and sunflower seeds.
Tip: Add left over cream cheese to your mashed potato for a richer, creamier texture.