Egg Noodle, Smoked Chicken, Green Pea and Zucchini Salad
Change up your usual pasta salad with this light, fresh salad recipe, which switches pasta for egg noodles and includes smoked chicken breast for an extra punch of flavour. A tangy, creamy dressing made from the classic combination of smooth Meadow Fresh Sour Cream and lemon juice is the perfect finishing touch, complementing the simple mix of chicken, lightly blanched zucchini and sweet green peas. This delicious salad would make an ideal healthy lunch or quick dinner.
Share this recipe
- 500g fresh egg noodles
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas, cooked
- 4 small zucchini, cut into strips using a vegetable peeler, left raw or very quickly blanched
- Small bunch chives, snipped
- 400g smoked chicken breast, cut into thin slices or pulled into shreds
- 125g Meadow Fresh Sour Cream
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Place the noodles in a large saucepan of lightly salted water and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cold water to arrest cooking, drain well again.
- Place in a large bowl and toss through a little oil to prevent them from sticking.
- Gently toss through the vegetables, chives and smoked chicken.
- Season well and place in a large serving bowl.
- Dollop with the Meadow Fresh Sour Cream and squeeze over the lemon juice to suit your taste, or toss through the Meadow Fresh Sour Cream and lemon juice as you are serving to coat the noodles, smoked chicken and vegetables.