Berry Coulis Cereal Bowl
Berry coulis is a great way to add big flavours to your breakfast routine. Drizzle it on top of your favourite cereal, ripple it through some thick Meadow Fresh Greek Yoghurt, or add it to your favourite smoothie. The possibilities are endlessly delicious.
Makes: 500 ml
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Share this recipe
- 250 grams (2 cups) frozen raspberries
- 250 grams (2 cups) frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Meadow Fresh Greek Yoghurt
- Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- Your favourite cereal (We used Vogels Café-Style Luxury Muesli)
- Coulis: Place the frozen berries in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the sugar, bring to a gentle boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until the fruit is nice and soft.
- Tip into a sieve set over a bowl and use a ladle or the back of a large spoon to press the berry mixture through the sieve into the bowl below, until just seeds and fruit pulp are left in the sieve. Pour the coulis from the bowl into a sealable jar or container and leave to cool before refrigerating.
- The best way to enjoy the coulis is rippled through some thick Meadow Fresh Greek Yoghurt, then dolloped on top of a bowl of your favourite breakfast cereal.