Beef Stroganoff with Sour Cream
A tub of Meadow Fresh Sour Cream in your fridge ensures such a variety of easy meal options. Try this Beef Stroganoff recipe for a delicious alternative to a beef stirfry: quick and easy to prepare, it’s perfect for a mid-week dinner. The combination of protein-rich lean beef, earthy mushrooms and a savoury, sour cream-based sauce will satisfy the hungriest appetites. Serve this dish with fluffy white rice or some potato mashed with Meadow Fresh Full Cream Milk or Cream to soak up every last drop of that tasty sauce.
Share this recipe
- 2 x 200g beef rump, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g button mushrooms
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ cup Meadow Fresh Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, rind pared and cut into fine shreds and blanched
- Place the beef rump strips in a bowl. Add the paprika and lemon zest and toss to combine. Drizzle over the oil and mix through.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and, in batches, add the beef strips and brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate as you go and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the onion and cook until the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds. Increase the heat, add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to soften and colour.
- Pour in the beef stock, bring up to the boil. Return the beef strips to the frying pan, quickly heat through, season and stir through the Meadow Fresh Sour Cream.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, sprinkle with the parsley and lemon shreds.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
Gluten Free (GF)