Nothing beats a simple, traditional dessert like a creamy baked custard – this is the ultimate comfort food. And it’s so easy to prepare with only a handful of basic ingredients – eggs, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg for a hint of spice and Meadow Fresh Full Cream Milk – so there’s no need to rush out to the supermarket with a detailed shopping list. The kids will adore the simple silky perfection of this pudding as much as you do.
Share this recipe
- 2 cups Meadow Fresh full-cream milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Heat the milk until almost boiling and whisk it into the beaten eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the custard through a strainer into a 20cm pie dish.
- Sprinkle the top with nutmeg and set the dish carefully in a shallow roasting pan.
- Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the pie dish.
- Slide the whole assembly carefully into the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Serve hot or cold.