- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp Tararua Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Brown Chelsea Sugar
- ⅔ cup Edmonds Plain Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Sliced banana (optional)
- 2 Tbsp toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Maple or golden syrup, to serve
1. Whisk milk and oats together in a large bowl and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add egg, butter and sugar and whisk to combine. Gently stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, until just combined.
3. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large frying pan on medium heat. Dollop 1/4 cup measurements of mixture into the pan and spread into circles. Cook for 2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface and underside is golden. Flip and cook for a further minute.
4. Transfer to a rack and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining pancakes, adding extra butter to pan as required.
5. Serve with sliced banana and coconut flakes, if using, and drizzle with plenty of maple or golden syrup.
• Make sure you keep the pancakes in a single layer while keeping warm in the oven, otherwise they can go soggy.