As its name suggests, this gorgeous creamy dessert is simply heavenly. A deliciously decadent mix of rich Meadow Fresh Cream and smooth Meadow Fresh Sour Cream combine with the tropical flavours of fresh pineapple and juicy mandarins, with toasted coconut threads and bright freeze-dried pomegranate seeds (or berries) adding the perfect touch of texture and colour. This fabulous dessert makes a fitting finale to a summer dinner party – and as it’s made in advance and takes only minutes to prepare, it provides maximum impact with minimum effort. Love it.
Share this recipe
- 125ml Meadow Fresh Cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 125g Meadow Fresh Sour Cream
- 150g small marshmallows or if large, cut in half
- Small can mandarins, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2-3 tablespoons dried coconut threads, toasted
- Freeze dried pomegranate seeds or freeze dried berries (or fresh berries if in season), to decorate
- Whip the cream and sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Fold through the sour cream then the marshmallows and mandarins.
- Spoon into 4 dessert glasses and top with the fresh pineapple and finish with the toasted coconut.
- Cover glasses and place in the refrigerator.
- Chill well before serving.
- Ambrosia can be left in the refrigerator overnight, but add the pineapple and coconut just before serving.