We Only Believe In The Goodness!
Milk is good. Meadow Fresh milk is packed full of calcium, protein & vitamins, but best of all it tastes delicious.
3 Dairy a Day
New Zealand Food and Nutrition Guidelines recommend at least 2-3 serves of milk and milk products a day for preschoolers and children aged 12 years and under, and at least 3 serves a day for young people aged 13-18 years. In general, 2-3 serves of milk and milk products each day are recommended for most adults.
Did you know that around 65% of Kiwi kids and 59% of adults in New Zealand do not consume enough calcium? Calcium helps maintain bone density which can reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis later in life. Plus, Calcium helps keep teeth strong and healthy.
Try these Meadow Fresh products to boost your Calcium Intake
- Meadow Fresh Calci Trim milk (59% RDI/ serve)
- Meadow Fresh Calci Strong Flavoured Milk (36% RDI / serve)
- Meadow Fresh Calci Strong Dairy Food (34% RDI / serve)
How much do we need to eat?
Typical serving sizes:
- 1 glass milk (250ml)
- 1 pottle yoghurt (125g)
- 2 slices cheese (40g)
Dairy products are also a source of protein. Protein is known as the building block of life – protein promotes cell growth and repair. Plus, protein takes longer to digest than carbohydrates, helping you feel fuller for longer.
These Meadow Fresh products pack a protein punch!
- Meadow Fresh Cottage Cheese (13% Daily Intake / serve)
- Meadow Fresh Greek Style Yoghurt (13% Daily Intake / serve)
Most vitamin D (up to 80%) is formed as a result of sunlight exposure on our skin. A recent national surveys showed about one in three New Zealand children had too little vitamin D in their blood; and almost a half of adults. A low blood level of vitamin D may increase the risk of bone fractures due to its important role in bone health as it is essential for calcium absorption from food.
These Meadow Fresh products have extra Vitamin D
- Meadow Fresh Calci Strong Flavoured Milk (10% RDI / serve)
- Meadow Fresh Calci Trim Milk (13% RDI / serve)
- Meadow Fresh Calci Strong UHT (13% RDI / serve)